Thursday, April 11, 2013

With all this talk about Boston...

My crazy self may just go and sign up for another marathon one day. Last year at this time my Dad was preparing to run the Boston Marathon. As I live tracked him that hot and humid day, I found myself inspired, ready to run and conquer 26.2. I was ready to go out train hard and qualify. Then I remembered 1) I really did not enjoy my first and only marathon in fact I vowed to never do that again and 2) to qualify for Boston I would need to run the 26.2 in 3:40, that is almost 2 hours faster then I completed my first. Oh man...those were some pretty big obstacles.
Here it is almost a full year later and I still have not finished another 26.2 and I have not broken 2 for a half marathon. Yet, I am still inspired by all of the athletes (male and female) who are preparing to run Boston on Monday. I am inspired by the women in the GP Runners group who are racing to qualify in a few weeks. I am inspired by anyone that puts one foot in front of the other and completes any marathon in any amount of time, it is not an easy task.
I dream of being fast enough for Boston. I dream of completing the training to run that fast. I think it will happen someday down the line if my training continues to go well and I continue to improve. Until then I will focus on how far I have come instead of how far I want to go....


No comments:

Post a Comment