Saturday, April 6, 2013

My newest love = Trail Running

This weekend I joined some running friends out on the Potawatomi Trails to conquer some hills and some miles.  I have never actually run on these trails, or have I ever run longer then 6 miles on a trail surface, so this was a completely new experience for me.  Since we would be out there a while I traded my normal Amphipod running belt for a Camelbak Octane XCT.  It was one of the toughest runs (I did just over 13, runner John did 24! 11 of which were solo! Now that is bada*s!) I had ever done but I will say one of the best.  The trails were challenging, the up, the down, the leaves that hid the rocks and sticks, but it was also so beautiful, so peaceful and calm.  My Camelbak came in handy to not only hydrate me (I drank 40+ oz of water on the trail yesterday), but to hold my 1/2 zip since I was way to warm out there (even with just a tank, tech tee and arm sleeves I was over dressed for me and was drenched and freezing by the end of the run).  I loved it out there, the adventure of a new trail, the hills, the different challenges then a road run help to keep running fun and interesting for me.  I am hoping to conquer Bayshore and then find some more time on the trails for a bit...


via Instagram http://instagram.com/p/Xx-e0Pxf82/ Photo courtesy of JFM

No comments:

Post a Comment