Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Transition to stay at home mom "signing bonus" from the husband #dryer #domesticgodess #smallstepsseriouschafing

In all seriousness this was not actually a "signing bonus", it was simply replacing the broken dryer that never shut off, took forever to dry, and well stopped working for the second time in 6 months.  But there is some truth to the title, I am now a full time stay at home mom (at least for the most part).  Do to the husband's new position, demanding schedule and travel it was really what was best for our family.   It has taken several months for me to come to terms with this transition and to finally embrace the change.  See, I have working since I was 14, sometimes I even held 2 jobs, if I wanted something I worked for it, including a trip to DC and Europe when I was in High School (that is a ton of hours at McDonalds back in the 90's just so you know).  That is 19 years of employment, 8 of which were at my current employer.  Needless to say I felt a bit lost, like a part of me is missing.  It was not until these last few days when a change in attitude and a change in perspective really helped me to settle in and embrace my inner stay at home mom/wife.  I have never fully been 100% focused on my family because there was always work, and because I did not have a set schedule, work found it's way in at all hours via phone or email.  Now, all I have is my family, and that is more then enough.  I know eventually I will find my way back into the workforce (and I do plan on picking up some "work" here and there to stay connected because I really did love my job) and find a career that "fits" but for now, I am going to be mom and a wife (and of course a runner because once I kick this virus again I will have plenty of time to train!)


via Instagram http://instagram.com/p/X5HevORf90/

No comments:

Post a Comment