Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Roasting Plant Detroit

There are several things that I love as much as my kids and my family, they happen to be running, beer and COFFEE. Like running and beer, it is much better when enjoyed with friends so I very excited to have a mid day coffee break with some plain clothed GP Runners at a new coffee shop downtown called The Roasting Plant.  Several friends have stopped their and raved about it, and I have been "patiently" waiting to try it out.  The location is right near Campus Martius Park and easy to get to with ample parking in the area (I found a spot relatively close as did my friends).  It smelled heavenly in the little shop, and the "whooshing" of beans through their Javabot made for a unique environment and a very fresh cup of coffee.  The Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry coffee (which I drank black) was smooth and creamy.  I now see why those that have tried it have gone back several times because this a far superior coffee in my opinion to any other coffee chain in the area.  The freshness of roasted and ground beans makes for a flavorful bold cup of coffee.  It was also nice to have the option of a real mug for those drinking in, my friend had a very cute little double walled glass one that I could have easily taken home.  I am already trying to plan my next visit so I can try another bean (most likely the Mocha Java).


via Instagram http://instagr.am/p/WkXcXDRfx6/

The Roasting Plant

Woodward Avenue

660 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
(313) 782- 4291

Hours:
Mon - Fri: 7:30am - 5:30pm 
Saturday: 11am - 4pm
Sunday: Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment