Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

On Thanksgiving I do not do the local Turkey Trot. I have done it once a few years back and the experience was not something I ever had to do again. So today I slept in and headed to our local Metro Park for a long slow distance run of 10 miles, my first run over 7 miles since the Detroit Free Press 1/2. It's always nice to meet up with my some extended family for our own little Turkey Trot. The first 6 miles were spent chatting with my sister in law while the last 4 I let my mind wander to all memories of the last year, the tears and joy, all that has changed, and all that has stayed the same. There is something refreshing about a run where my mind is not focused on pace or even distance because of the marked path.

I realized sometimes it is so easy to focus on all that I want out of life or the material things I often forget all that we (as a family) have to be thankful for.

Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment