Slowly I have started chatting with a few of the other team members on Twitter and getting to know them on Instagram (oh the power of social media and it's ability to connect people). I knew that they had to be pretty awesome if my friend and his wife hung out with them and I was right. Every day I am getting more and more excited for the race and the experience!
I will be running the smallest portion of the race 20.22 miles, with my longest leg the 1st one being just under 6 miles.
Physically I believe I am ready for the miles, but the over night part worries me a little (even though 3 kids and a puppy are training me really well to be up and function without sleep).
I have already started making my packing list:
- Reflector vest
- Headlamp/Extra Batteries
- Red Light
- Food (Picky Bars, Justin's Nut Butter for sandwiches, Grapes and bananas are also on my list)
- Salt tablets
- 5 complete outfits for running including 2 visors and 1 hat, arm sleeves and gloves in case it cools off significantly over night
- 2-3 pairs of shoes
- 1 outfit for wearing home
- Disposable toothbrush/s
- Pillow/Blanket (I'm hoping to nap at least once)
- Benadryl and Cortisone cream (just in case they have the same plants in Indy)
- Not gonna lie either thought about packing my Keurig since we are driving my van and it has an electrical outlet!
What am I missing? Have you recently run on a relay team? What did you bring or couldn't have done without?