- Training for my first 50k was tough, but I have never had so much fun running in my life, even when I was beyond exhausted.
- The ultra running community is filled with a tremendous amount of resepect for not only the trails & terrain they run but for each other including the newbies like me.
- Different trails, routes, locations and distances
- As a whole the community and the sport is interesting which makes it even more fun to explore and to get to know other runners and hear their stories.
- Allows a person to find their limits and surpass them.
- The aid stations at ultra races are so much better then just gels and a sports drink!
- So beautiful and peaceful when you explore nature on foot.
- What I once had viewed as the ultimate failure (pre ultra running) I now see as a learning experience and proof of how bad ass these trail & ultra runners are every time they get back out there and attempt it all over again.
Ultimate Direction Scott Jurek Ultra Vest:
- Shameless plea to pick me...I am in need of a better vest (one that has both a bladder and water bottles) for longer unsupported training runs.
Laughs and friendship:
- Friends I have made and memories that include some really good laughs will last a lifetime.
Teach & Share:
- I have learned a great deal in the last 7 months from seasoned (and even new) trail and ultra runners. It is a pretty awesome community of people who want others to succeed as well.
- The time on the trails has allowed me to really reflect on life, what is important, and who I am. It has allowed me to discover my own strength but at the same time to reflect on the beauty of the world in which we live.
- Trail & Ultra running is just plain amazing! If you do not believe me try it for yourself!
|Early spring run at a local trail|
|Morning sunrise from the woods|
|Welcoming the rain during my 50k (it was starting to get HOT!)|
|My 1st 50k finish|
|Inspiration for my 50k finish picture?|
|Local trail scenery|
|I "blame" them for getting me into ultra running|
|Smiles after miles and medals|