Friday, August 2, 2013

Update: My sh*t is still not all together

So remember a few weeks ago when I wrote Operation Get My Sh*t Together, well I am still slowly but surely working on it. I got thrown for a loop when I went out of town for Red Eye Relay and when I got back it took almost a whole week to recover and regroup inside the house (but it was TOTALLY worth it!!!)

Things I have done:

  • Updated calendars/Cozi/and schedules so I at least know where every one is/needs to be and important engagements.
  • Found our routine again that includes getting as much done the night before so I can wake up a half hour before the boys and enjoy a cup of coffee in peace and while it is hot.
  • Shopping Lists: I have updated our numbers spreadsheets with everything we have in the house and also our current shopping list.  It's nice to be able to quickly pull it up in the grocery store to see if we are running low on Ketchup.
What I still need to work on:
  • The actual meal planning, I have done ok but there have been a few oops like planning hamburgers, but not having any buns, or the stove that kept shutting off today for no reason so we ended up ordering pizza.
  • Returning Wednesday's to full on cleaning day, we have been using this day for fun/relaxing/enjoying life lately and really I am not to worried about it till school starts.
  • Actually using 1-2-3 Magic, I am just not consistent and I know that for any system to work consistency is the key, but being out numbered most days 3+puppy to 1 it makes it tough.  I need to come up with a plan for sure.
  • Still have not had the kids actually help me with a meal, mainly because the weather is nice to they have been playing together while I finish the last minute preparations.
Obviously this is going to be a long process, but we will get there...In the meantime we will be enjoying the daily life and the dream we are living.

Before you leave do not forget to head over to my recent post HERE and ENTER TO WIN a sweet pair of SLS3 Compression Socks!


Hope everyone has a great weekend! Anyone racing this weekend? Long training runs? Any fun plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment